Thursday, August 9, 2012

We, the Dreamers

Hey there. I am again to writing...sorry if it seems like I have simply been rapid firing things at a wanton rate. I have four months left in 2012 and it seems to be my most productive year for writing. My only regret is that I feel inadequate with my stuff as of right now. I am planning to do a string of structured poetry again in order to give me a bit more discipline on my respective original works. I dunno...but if any wayfarer happens upon my stuff, please feel free to give me pointers or advice on furthering my advancement. Thanks!

It's kinda like my own free verse/ structure
it has 20 lines, 4 stanzas with a rhyme scheme of:

A,B,A,B
I

C,D,C,D
I

E,F,E,F
I

G,H,G,H
I

We the Dreamers

Signs of a better world,
mustered by an overwhelming fortitude.
The rays of Sun allowed the petals to be unfurled.
And we blossomed from the chains of servitude.
A blank slate.

The waif that wandered into the bitter cold,
mustered the courage to find its way home.
By a hearth and crackling fire to grow old,
the hardships faded into the unknown.
The gift that was late.

The lovers cradled each other,
against all odds their love would endure.
Never would they waver for another,
forever drawn into romance's allure.
They danced a steady gait.

Defeat something unwilling to accept,
their victory shown in gilded streamers.
All promises are intended to be kept.
For we are the dreamers,
those that live to defy fate.


No comments:

Post a Comment