Saturday, August 4, 2012

Pale Flower

A love poem.

Pale Flower

The moon could shine,
and fail when reflecting your skin.
The petals of a rose,
could look dilapidated against you.

If I touched your face,
will it's fragility shatter under my touch.
Would I be left holding air,
wishing your form lay within my arms.

Your delighted laughter,
has enthralled my senses.
But when I whispered your name,
would it fade into the wind?

I long to feel your heart's beat,
to hear it fade into mine,
and melt into placid warmth.
A utopia in comforting embrace.

My fingers could thumb passed your chin.
Laying in quiet prayer,
in hopes you wouldn't crumble
beneath my entropic caress.

The moon stares in contemptible envy,
its reflection upon the water.
Casting hateful eyes,
it weeps in jealous rage.

If rain fell against your visage,
could I wipe the tears away.
Might I shield you from the moon,
keeping your mirage to myself.

Your pale reflection spoke,
that the bodies on the horizon cried,
craving for you to return to them.
But your voice spoke no.

The glint in your eyes,
put stars to shame.
Stolen away in my arms,
we can disappear into the night.

But as I felt your warmth,
your features faded with their decadence.
Please, don't away from me,
just let the skies wait a minute longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment